5 Reasons a Marriage in New York May Fail
Everyone knows that marriage is hard work and it takes the participation and cooperation of both spouses to make it work.
Every marriage will have its ups and downs, however, the marriages that last are able to get past their problems and move forward. Some issues are resolvable, while other issues are very difficult to get past.
It is Important to Recognize the 5 Most Common Reasons Why Marriages Fail:
- Workaholic: One partner is a workaholic and works so much that the marriage is neglected. The spouse that doesn’t work at all or as much starts feeling lonely and frustrated. Even after repeated conversations about working too much, the workaholic spouse ignores how his/her spouse feels. Furthermore, the workaholic spouse fails to make any changes to his/her schedule in order to spend more time with the family.
- Infidelity: This is one of the most common issues that can tear even a healthy marriage apart. Some couples can get past the infidelity and work towards repairing the relationship, whereas; it causes other couples to grow apart, become resentful and lose the trust that they once had.
- Lack of Support: If there is a lack of support in the marriage, it can become troublesome. If one partner is unable to support the other through a difficult time or in new ventures that they may be pursuing, it can lead to friction. The lack of support in a marriage can also lead one to seek support and validation outside of the marriage.
- Financial Difficulties: Financial struggles can definitely put a strain on a marriage. This is especially true if one person is the breadwinner and the other does not bring in any income. The pressure of having to pay for tuition for children’s college when extra money is not coming in can result in arguments and disagreements about how to handle expenses. In addition, it can prompt couples to have arguments over spending habits.
- Different Interests/Lifestyle: This can become problematic when couples have different interests and/or personality traits. If one person is outgoing and loves to go out, whereas; the other person is a homebody and loves to stay at home and watch TV, it can cause couples to grow apart. It is also possible that one spouse may become jealous of the other spouse.
Is Your Marriage in New York Failing?
If you have tried to save your marriage, but nothing is working, it may be time to consult a New York divorce mediation lawyer. Contact Sabra Law Group at (646) 472-7971 today for Discovery Session with Sabra.